Here are some common tips for taking care of your hair. If your hair is already damaged or sensitive to stress these are even more important tips.
- Brush your hair on a regular basis before going to bed every night.
- Wash your hair with gentle shampoo. Use very little but sufficient to cover it completely with foam. Use a conditioner to keep hair manageable.
- Avoid brushing wet hair. This causes the hair to stretch and eventually break. Finger-dry, or use a comb instead of a brush to lightly remove the knots.
- Avoid blow-drying your hair. The blow drying is harsh on hair because it removes the moisture.
- Avoid dyes. Use henna instead as a conditioner and dye.
- Take a calcium supplement or drink 2 glasses of milk every day.
- Keep hair dryer away from your hair.
- After a perm, in no way brush your hair. As an alternative, comb the hair gently.
- Trim your hair once in a week to prevent split ends.
- Avoid pulling back your hair tightly.
- Avoid the use of rubber band on your hair as it can pull and damage your hair.
- Avoid going out in the sun without your head covered.
- Use some vitamin E oil or similar and massage your head as this makes hair soft and silky.
- Avoid very hot or very cold water while washing your hair.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Hair loss can occur due to stress. Eat foods rich in vitamin B, c and E.
Read more other FREE articles about Hair Color, Hair Texture, Hair Removal, and Hairstyles.