The reason why this manicure is a craze among women is due to its feminine and elegant style. So what precisely is a French Manicure and what is the procedure?
The French Manicure is a style of shaping the nails and painting them with pink and white paint.
The nails are in fact shaped oval to soften the edges and are painted with a pale pink coat while the tips are painted with a thin coat of light white nail paint. We must take care that the white edge is not too thick, which slaughters the authentic look.
On the whole, the French manicure gives a super natural look suitable for all occasions, whether professionally or socially. Getting a French manicure at a salon is the best way to get the right look, however it is very possible to try it at home. Although it takes time, practice and patience to achieve the proper look, it is worth the effort if you want to save the money.
Here’s how you do the French Manicure at home:
The French manicure requirements:
- A mild pink nail paint
- A white shade
- French manicure kit (You can get it at your local beauty store)
- Nail polish remover
- Lukewarm water
The French manicure procedure:
- Soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover and remove the old paint if any.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and soak in lukewarm water for a few minutes.
- Using the nail filer or scissor, file your nails in a curved shape.
- Shape your nails evenly with nail clippers, beauty scissors or a nail file.
- Apply a one layer of protective clear base to prevent damage or chipping.
- Apply two layers of white paint just on the tips, preferably with a long stroke, instead of breaking it up.
- Once the white paint is completely dry, apply a one layer of the pink color over the entire nail for a natural finish. For a bolder look you can apply two layers.
- It is advisable to apply one more layer of clear polish for protection.
- That’s it! Your French manicure is done.
Let’s find out what’s an American Manicure?